Hello my lovely readers, I hope you are all doing great.  I have come back from my hiatus with a story of a well-spent Saturday night.

Last weekend I was graced with the time to get some dressing time,  but I also had to head out early in the morning to give my Mother-in-law a hand at getting her some groceries.  I waited to head out with the M-I-L until I knew all the stores we had to go to would be open so we could make one big round trip through the city.  Once we had completed our trip to the hardware, grocery store, and mall I delivered her back to her house and headed home.

Once home before I could even think about dressing I needed to get a couple loads of laundry done and hung up to dry.  Once my laundry was done I was feeling a little tired and headed to lay down for a short nap.  I figured I would only sleep in till about 1:00, but low and behold nature thought otherwise and I napped until 2:30.

After jumping out of bed I headed to the bathroom and started to prep for my shower.  I have used a combination of shaving and delapitory for my chest since early April and have not really been happy with either.  Shaving leaves small hair in the center of my chest that no matter how many strokes with the blade I can never get and I always break out in little ingrown hairs afterward.  The delapitory on the other hand seems to leave a smooth surface if I use enough but literally by the end of the afternoon I can feel the small hairs peaking out again,  I don’t think there is gonna be a real win for me in this situation unless I use a waxing method.

I proceeded to shave my face while I waited for the delapitory to do most of its work before hopping into the shower and finishing my legs in the process.

I was so behind at this point I had not even pulled anything out of the closet to wear nor pulled my makeup and mirror down from the shelf.   At this point, I was running around like crazy trying to figure out what I was doing.  From the closet to the makeup shelf and back and forth to the living room where I set up my impromptu make vanity forgetting things along the way.

When I finally figured out what my plan was and had all the makeup in the living room I decided to just sit down and get to work on that and then I would pick out an outfit.  Our apartment has some of the worst lighting in the world and really no matter what room I pick it’s terrible.  My mirror is an older magnifying style with an old incandescent light bulb inside that put out the most horrid yellowish tint you can imagine,  but at least in the living room, I can turn on some of the other lamps and try and make up for all of the shadows I get.

Once I thought I had enough light I started into my long makeup application, it takes quite a bit of time for me to make this face somewhat feminine.  Loads of foundation are needed to try and cover the pores and keep the 5 o’clock shadow from peaking through.  The best foundation I have found for this is Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless foundation.  I have not had a chance to try many other foundations but this one really works for me.

Once my foundation was completed It was time to move on to my eyes.  I have so many eyeshadow palettes that I have yet to use it makes for a hard decision, so many colors and so little time.  Once I had pulled some out I decided to use a combination of 2 Maybelline palettes, the Matte Bar and the Burgundy bar.  20200419_190442_Richtone(HDR)

With my poor eyesight and unsteady hands, I started by using one of the matte shades for the base and then moved on to some of the more vibrant sparkly colors for the crease and lids.  I can never take pictures of my eye looks as they always look terrible with my camera but I don’t think they turned out that bad.

I stayed away from eyeliner this attempt because I never had luck with it at all but I did manage to get a perfect coat of mascara without getting it all over my eyelids so I took that as a win.

I finished up with my blush, and highlighter, and capped it all off with a light dusting of translucent powder before taking one last look in the mirror and being quite pleased with myself headed decided it was time to do my last step which I normally have huge issues with, my lips.

I headed back to the bedroom and tried to find a really nice red I had not used often before,  I wanted something a little bolder.  I finally decided on a Matte red lipstick from the Maybelline Made For Me collection and paired it with a similar color liner.  I had been trying to prep for this for a few days making sure to take some extra care of my lips leading up to Saturday with some exfoliation and extra moisturization to make sure they were as good as they could get.

I proceeded with the liner and to my surprise stayed fairly even and true.20201017_151036

I Filled in my lips with the liner before giving at least 2 nice coats of the matte red right from the bullet,  I was pleasantly pleased with how they turned out in the mirror, easily some of my best work to date.

One last look in the bathroom mirror and I was happy with my makeup and headed off to the closet to pick a couple of outfits.

My initial plan for the day was to be able to get dressed up and take some pictures in a few different outfits.  I headed into the closet and picked out a rarely-worn velvet dress I bought a few years ago.  I figured I could just come up with something else after I had taken some pictures in this.

The Dress I wanted to wear.

I went back to the living room with my jewelry and nails in hand and picked out a nice pair of purple ones and started to apply them.  This is possibly one of the hard parts of my dressing routine.  I have found over the years the best way to keep the nails set for the night is to clean all of my nails with nail polish remover to get the natural oils off,  this makes the 2-sided tape adhere so much better and I don’t have as many lost nails.  The cutting and application of the 2-sided tape can be a pain but not as much as trying to remove the protective cover and then adding the nails,  with each nail added my dexterity in removing the cover gets a little worse and worse, but I finally got them done.


After I had completed my nails and jewelry I again headed back to the bedroom to get into my dress.  I had recently tried to clean and comb out my wig as it was starting to look a little haggard from being knocked off the shelf so many times by the cat trying to get up there.  I put it on and tried to adjust it so it looked good but no matter how I tried it, I was just met with a horrid-looking mess.  I tried for a good 10 minutes messing with the bangs and trying to get the side to settle down but I knew at that point I was going to require some extra time.

Instead of staying in my dress, I switched into a comfy pair of jeans and a nice black blouse.  I was able to calm the wig down enough that it looked more like I was just in a slight breeze instead of the hurricane it had looked before.  I got a handful of pictures which still makes it worth it.

So with all the main excitement out of the way, I settled down into the comfiest chair in the living room, put my legs up, and started some Netflix.  Around 7:00 I finally decided it was time to get something to eat and I made myself a nice big plate of Poutine and watched some more movies.

Then the worst part of the day came when it was time to clean everything up.  I have used the same eye makeup remover from Mary Kay for years and other than it irritating my eyes a bit, it does remove almost everything within a couple of swipes on a cotton round.

Once my makeup was removed my face moisturized again I could make sure all the other baubles of dressing were put back into their place and I was now safe to slip into bed.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s